Update: CashMagnet Watch and Install

Attribution: Author’s Own Work
Caption: CashMagnet’s Home Screen with a Watch & Install ready to go.


A few months ago I blogged about CashMagnet’s updates to its app. One change I discussed was a better working Watch & Install. Has this been the case? The short answer: yes, for the most part. I’ll go into more detail in this blog post.

How’s CashMagnet’s Watch & Install Different Now?


Overall, I like how Watch & Install is working. It’s a little bit more reliable, but the biggest change is that there are far more opportunities to earn points through Watch & Install.

In the past, I would get a Watch & Install opportunity every few days or so. And when I did try to take advantage of it, it usually didn’t work right. Now, I get multiple Watch & Install opportunities every few days and about half of the time, they work.

Using CashMagnet’s Watch & Install

You’ll know you have a Watch & Install opportunity from your home screen when you see the green button next to the blue one (see above picture at the beginning of this blog post).

After clicking on the green button, you’ll go through the one or two windows reminding you how to use Watch & Install and then CashMagnet will start up. From there, one of two things usually happens.

First, the screen will go black and an ad will appear. After the ad plays, you’ll get an opportunity to download the app advertised, then you’re taken to the Google App Store where you can actually download and install the app. Sometimes CashMagnet will take you to the Google App Store without you having to do anything. Then you click on the install button and it’s straightforward from there.

Second, you’ll see a loading screen of sorts. They aren’t always the same, but they look something along the lines of this:

Attribution: Author's Own Work


Within a few seconds to a few minutes, CashMagnet should start playing an ad where you’ll get your opportunity to install an app. But sometimes, no ad is found and you’ll stay at this loading screen indefinitely (or at least for 10+ minutes before I give up on waiting and just restart CashMagnet). Please note that your “waiting screen” won’t always look like this. But it usually consists of a solidly colored screen with some sort of object on the screen that moves in a way to show you that CashMagnet hasn’t frozen or something.

How Much Is Watch & Install Worth?

CashMagnet claims up to 500+ points from each Watch & Install, but I think they including the points you can get from running CashMagnet when it automatically runs that app in passive mode. I am just assuming this because I’ve never gotten anything close to 500 points from a Watch & Install.

Instead, I usually get 220 or 260 points for each install. That’s not bad, but it’s not 500 points.

The really nice thing about the new Watch & Install is how often you can use it. When I get a Watch & Install opportunity, there are usually multiple Watch & Installs. They usually come in streaks, but I think my record is about 4 or 5 Watch & Installs in a single sitting. It took a little while to do this, but it was a nice bump in daily earnings. And no, not every day will be like this.

What’s the Catch with Watch & Install?

There are a few things to keep in mind about the new Watch & Install. First, it doesn’t always work right. Sometimes ads don’t play or you never get an opportunity to download an app.

Second, you’ll be given an ad with an app to download, but after you download it, it doesn’t credit. I think what happens here is that the app I just downloaded was not the one CashMagnet had in mind. Rather, the ad I watched was simply an ad, with the app CashMagnet really wanted me to download to come after the ad played. So something the ad has the app you need to download, but sometimes it does not – at least in my experience.

Third, there is roughly a 10 minute delay between Watch & Install attempts. After you click on the Watch & Install green button, it will turn into this:

Attribution: Author's Own Work



There is a countdown timer starting at 10 minutes that “greys out” the green button until it reaches 0:00. During that time, you cannot use Watch & Install. You have to wait for 10 or so minutes even if your previous Watch & Install attempt failed.

Finally, when there are no more Watch & Install opportunities, the green button on your home screen will disappear. I usually don’t see this because I rarely have the time to babysit the app for multiple Watch & Install attempts. In other words, there’s often a Watch & Install opportunity that I pass up on because I don’t have the time or patience to babysit my device that day.

Conclusion

I like these changes and depending on the week, I’m getting more points from Watch & Install than I am from passive operation. Let’s hope CashMagnet can keep this up and work on taking less time to pay out!

Comments

Popular Posts