Update: CashMagnet’s New Look

Attribution: Author’s Own Work
Caption: CashMagnet’s new Home Screen

Over the weekend, CashMagnet released a major update for its app. It looks totally different, but besides its new look, there are a few more substantive changes. I’ve only played around with it for a little while, but I’ll use this blog post to discuss some of the more noticeable differences.

Easier Watch & Install

One of the benefits of this update (according to CashMagnet themselves) is that the Watch & Install feature is supposed to work better. I’ve tried it twice, on a J1 Luna and my S6 Active. On the Luna, I didn’t notice any improvement (it didn’t work the time I tried). On the S6 Active, I noticed that after the ad for the app is complete, it will automatically take you to the Google App Store. In the old version of CashMagnet, you’d often have to click on the “install” button that appears after the ad for the app finishes playing.

Speed

On my S6 Active, CashMagnet seems to run about the same, i.e. there are slight delays after I tap on something in the app. On my J1 Luna, the delay was significant, where I had to wait a few second between my screen tap and the app doing anything.

More Information

One of the more interesting changes is how much information the CashMagnet app now provides. You now get much more detailed information on your farming performance. You can find this information on the Dashboard and Home screens. And on the Levels screen, you can find how much your earnings will go up as you level up.

Updating Quirks

I noted a few quirks about the update. First, it might be difficult to update CashMagnet through the app. For example, when I tried updating it on my J1 Luna (running 6.0.1 Marshmallow), CashMagnet would crash when trying to update it. Instead, I went directly to the Google App Store, then went to My apps & games then looked for CashMagnet on the list of apps that needed updating. I then updated CashMagnet from there. I only had this problem on my J1 Luna, not my Galaxy Core Prime (running 4.4 Kit Kat) or S6 Active (running Nougat).

Second, after the update on my J1 Luna and S6 Active, the shortcut for the app disappeared from its usual spot. I put it back, so it was no big deal, but it was still weird.

Third, after the update, you might notice you’re at a much lower level than you were before the update. I was quickly able to remedy this by clicking on the next level and following the instructions. In my case, all I had to do was make CashMagnet the default browser again. Once I did that, I was at the appropriate level.

Finally, sometimes the app will update itself automatically if your phone is set for automatica updates and you give it the opportunity to update itself before you manually start CashMagnet.

More Ways to Earn

CashMagnet now has its own offer wall. See below:


Attribution: Author’s Own Work


I haven’t tried one of these yet, but that’s because I don’t like trying offers from the same companies on different GPT platforms (I usually try offer wall offers on only Swagbucks or instaGC). This is because it may increase the chances of getting banned on one or more GPT sites/apps.

One thing to keep in mind is that CashMagnet makes it clear when clicking on an offer that it may not immediately credit and if it doesn’t credit, CashMagnet will only give you your points if the offer wall company actually pays CashMagnet. I read this to mean: “we know many offer wall companies are scams and if it turns out you fall for one, tough luck.”

Bottom Line

There’s a lot more to this update than what I described. There are some settings you can toggle, like rooting, but I haven’t messed with that yet.  And it looks like a monthly bonus might be in our future, but it doesn’t look like it’s active yet.

Comments

Popular Posts