Advice: Finding Phones to Farm With Using the Letgo App


Attribution: Author’s Own Work
Caption: My Samsung Galaxy S7 (32GB)

I know many of you new to the GPT arena wonder where and have you can get good, cheap phones to farm with. I previously touched on this topic when I discussed choosing an Android GPT farming phone in this earlier blog post. However, I wanted to write a new post on another way to get a good deal on a great farming phone.

Letgo

For the past few months I’ve been browsing the Letgo app in the hopes of scoring a great deal on an item. Whether it was something I needed or wanted, I also had the hope I’d find something of great value, but at yard sale prices.

After several months of searching, I finally found something: a Samsung Galaxy S7. And the best part? I paid $20 for it. Oh, there was a 60 minute round trip drive to pick it up, so add about $5 worth of gas to get the price to $25 total.

The Samsung S7

This particular phone is locked on the Verizon network and only has 32GB of storage (although 4GB of RAM). Its biggest advantage over my Samsung S6 Active is that it runs Android 8.0 Oreo. The only thing wrong with it is a cosmetic flaw on the front-lower-right corner of the screen. You can see the faint outline of it in the above photo.

The only problem with using this phone from a GPT farming perspective is that it’s actually too good of a phone. In fact, I’m not going to use it for farming. Instead, I’ll go ahead and flip it on eBay where I should be able to get at least $80 shipped, but probably around $100 or so. Then after I sell it, I can use the profits to buy three or four phones to farm with, perhaps during Black Friday this holiday season.

Bottom Line

When it comes to using the Letgo app, most people have stuff you’ll want, but they’ll be asking for prices that are even higher than eBay, but without the buyer protection. But if you’re patient enough, you can find a great deal on a relatively new flagship phone.

Comments

Popular Posts